Warehouse & Shipping Intern
Charter Steel (Cleveland, OH)
The Warehouse & Shipping Intern will be involved in all facets of Warehouse and Shipping. This individual will assist Shipping with managing freight and day-to-day needs of the department. They will assist with entering and editing information into the system and Updating Delivery Performance for accuracy. They will work closely with the entire Shipping team to find ways to improve accuracies and increase efficiencies. They will be involved with departmental projects will play a key role in tracking and analyzing data.
To provide administrative and project support to the Warehouse & Shipping Department on a flexible part-time basis during the school year and summer months.
- Enrollment in a four-year degree program for Business or related field with current status of at least a sophomore level.
- Demonstrated software application skills specifically in Word, Power Point, and Excel.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
Administrative and data entry skills (filing, organization, etc).
- Previous experience in Logistics/Warehouse & Shipping.
- Familiarity and/or experience with general Business practices.
- Reports to Cleveland Warehouse & Shipping Operations Manager but receives direction from the Shipping Supervisors.
- Track inventory levels and accuracy; including scrap, secondary, MIA and re-apply coils and billets. Coordinate inventory audits and cycle counts.
- Track and report daily, weekly and monthly departmental data; delivery performance, inventory accuracy, delays.
- Lead or participate in special projects such as coil export, capacity analysis, site traffic flow, etc as needed.
- Submit requisitions to purchasing for various Shipping needs
- Schedule direct labor
- Update training calendar for Shipping employees
- Assist with department’s preventive maintenance and supply programs.
- Coordinate Shipping department CPA activity, assist in tracking quality performance and participate in departments continuous improvement activities