Stelmor Operator – Rolling Mill (Production)
Charter Steel (Saukville, WI)
Charter Steel is committed to finding team members who value teamwork, growth and open communication. Join a team where you are challenged to take initiative, encouraged to explore new ways to get your work done, and ultimately given the opportunity to create your own future. We offer competitive benefits including 401(k) match, profit sharing and gainsharing, competitive salaries, paid holidays, and tuition reimbursement. Join our friendly, team-oriented environment where your opinion is valued.
Charter Steel is currently looking for Stelmor Operators. Candidates will have the opportunity to learn new jobs within the company and advance through the pay scale quickly. On-the-job training is provided. This position will be on our 5-2-2-5 schedule, working 12 hour shifts. Most positions will start on a night shift.
Major accountabilities include:
- Follow and comply with all safety and work rules
- Operate the Stelmor cooling conveyor
- Trim the front and back end rings of the coils
- Operate the coil compactor and other coil handling equipment
- Perform miscellaneous plant duties as instructed by the supervisor
- Operate a forklift
- High School Diploma or H.S. GED equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment