Safety Engineer Intern
Charter Steel (Cleveland, OH)
To provide administrative, project, and safety training support to the Safety Engineer and Human Resources Department on a flexible part time to full time basis during the school year and summer months.
- Enrollment in a Four-Year degree program for Occupational Safety or related field with current status of at least a junior level.
- Computer skills – Word Documents, Spreadsheets (Microsoft Office).
- Training skills (Ability to communicate effectively with small and large groups)
- Administrative skills (filing, organization, etc).
- Basic knowledge of OSHA Standards.
- Ability to adapt work schedule to work occasional evenings and nights.
- Experience working in a production environment.
- Reports to Safety Engineer and HR Manager but receives some direction from the HR Coordinator and HR Assistant depending on the project.
- Safety Projects (Lockout, Confined Spaces, Fall Protection).
- Conduct Plant Safety Inspections and Safety Observations of Employees.
- Audit Safe Work Practices
- Assist in managing safety programs
- Assist in developing and delivering Safety Training.
- Conduct Accident Investigations and Follow-ups.
- Be a resource for plant Safety Teams.
- Generate Reports as requested.
- Juggling multiple responsibilities.
- Learning Charter Steel Manufacturing Processes.