Human Resources Intern
Charter Steel (Saukville, WI)
Charter Steel has an excellent opportunity for a Human Resources Intern. This opportunity will provide HR experience from recruiting, safety, benefits, compensation, employee relations and event planning. The HR Intern will be responsible for working on key projects supporting the different facets of HR. The HR Intern will become part of the department and will be exposed to varying HR issues, at times working directly with a HR team member and at other times working on projects independently. The successful intern will have excellent customer service skills to assist employees with questions. The HR Intern will become a key contributor in conducting new employee orientation as well as play a key role in assisting in the recruiting process and team participation throughout the organization. Project work will vary from compensation studies, research on new programs, company event planning and running various reports.
- Enrollment in a Four-Year degree program for Human Resources, Business or related field with current status of at least a sophomore level with a minimum GPA of 2.75.
- Demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office suite, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Administrative and data entry skills (filing, organization, etc).
- Customer service experience.
- Familiarity and/or experience with HR Practices and HR Law.