Materials Engineering Intern
Charter Steel (Saukville, WI)
POSITION SUMMARY: The Engineering Intern will be responsible for quality and process engineering throughout the rolling mill in Saukville, WI with the potential to work with other divisions of Charter Steel. They will work closely with the Quality/Technical Manager and Process Metallurgist to look for ways to improve product quality and shop efficiency. They will be asked to work with the Eddy Current and HotEye, a surface detection system and work with other functional areas in continuous improvement and product quality. The ability to gather and present data from the rolling mill’s computer systems will also be essential.
To cultivate an engineering professional to fill an entry level position within Charter Manufacturing.
- Student working toward a degree in Materials, Metallurgical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, or equivalent with a minimum of sophomore status
- 2.75 cumulative grade point minimum
- Enrolled as a full time student
- Experience with SQL tables and queries
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Steel/Metals course
- Probability and Statistics course
- Experience in a heavy manufacturing environment (foundry, forge shop, machine shop, etc.)
- Experience in a lab type setting focusing on (material preparation, failure analysis)