Electrical Maintenance Technician
Charter Steel (Cleveland, OH)
The Electrical Maintenance Technician position is a core component of our maintenance department and requires a trained and experienced individual to contribute to our success as a steelmaker. The successful candidate will be a leader in safety and help in achieving Charter Steel’s goal of zero recordable accidents. The candidate will also have the ability to function well working alone and also in a team environment. This position will be responsible for maintaining the melt shops electrical and control systems. The duties of this position will include but not be limited to performing preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, inspection, calibration, installation and all necessary support of the equipment in the melt shop. The systems include hydraulic, pneumatic, high voltage switchgear (480V to 34.5 kV), overhead travelling cranes, motors, conveyors, weigh systems, VFD drives, PLC systems etc. The Electrical Maintenance Technician position is also expected to support and work hand in hand with the Mechanical Maintenance Technicians.
- 3-5 years’ experience as a Maintenance Electrical Technician or equivalent.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Adherence at all times to our safety procedures and guidelines. Safety is a core value of Charter Steel.
- Punctuality, consistent attendance and self-direction are expected attributes of the candidate we are looking for.
- Ability to install, troubleshoot and maintain a wide variety of industrial equipment using schematic diagrams and equipment manuals as guides.
- Ability to operate mobile equipment, forklifts, pendant and overhead travelling cranes, aerial lift platforms etc… in a heavy industrial environment.
- Ability to work alone, with minimal supervision or with other maintenance technicians.
- Ability to work in various areas of the mill. Depending on the area you may encounter environmental conditions that include adverse conditions.
- The position may require overtime if needed.
- Experience with industrial electronics, AC/DC theory, power, test instruments and instrumentation, VFD drives, PLC’s, ladder logic, relay logic, hydraulic and pneumatic systems as a few examples.
- Proficiency in the use of a computer for receiving and closing out work orders and communications. Proficiency with word processing software and spreadsheets.
- Associates degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering Technologies or similar curriculum.
- Welding and light fabrication and panel building is preferred.
- Strong communication skills and familiarity working in a team-based environment is preferred.
- Ability to assist in managing electrical projects for future growth and improvements and a thorough understanding of mechanical devices is a plus.
- Experience with Siemens S7 PLC hardware and software.
- Experience with Magnetek Impulse Adjustable frequency drives and remotely operated cranes.
- Experience with industrial communication networks (Profibus, Profinet, Ethernet).
- Experience with PID control loops and combustion controls.
- Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor