Charter Steel (Cleveland, OH)
The Buyer I will be responsible for purchases of an assigned group of commodities either in support of raw materials or MRO/SGA requirements. The Buyer I will work with the buyers, raw materials manager, raw materials sourcing manager and procurement manager to develop an understanding of the business, develop and maintain product knowledge, develop and maintain supplier relationships, and assist in the daily procurement functional needs to support the needs of the customer.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience (1-3 years).
- Understanding of purchasing processes
- Basic negotiation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills – must be able to establish relationships quickly with vendors and internal customers.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills – must be detail oriented
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Self-motivated and able to work under tight deadlines
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and manage multiple assignments at the same time
- Bachelor’s degree in business or supply chain management.
- Previous experience in a business purchasing function.
- Functional knowledge of ERP systems or Oracle Procurement Suite.
- Two years’ experience in a purchasing environment
- Knowledge of ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004, OHSAS 18001:2007, ISO/TS16949:2009
- Reports to Regional Procurement Supervisor
- Primary Internal Customers: Finance, Operations, Buyers MRO/SGA, Raw Material Manager and Raw Material Sourcing Manager for Raw Materials
RESPONSIBILITY FOR SUPERVISION:
- Place and maintain purchase order accuracy within Oracle
- Ensure all orders reach the supplier and delivery is confirmed in a timely manner
- Expedite orders, track deliveries and resolve invoicing issues
- Assist in analyzing and updating daily reports
- Place purchase orders for tools, supplies, raw materials, production supplies, refractories
- Work with operations to insure proper supply/inventory levels are ordered, delivered and/or maintained for efficient production needs
- Arrange for return of defective material
- Work with finance to resolve invoice problems
- Support all other related procurement initiatives
- Assist with item master creation
- Assist with stores management
- Working effectively with people at multiple levels within the organization.
- Working in a fast past, demanding environment