Bander – Processing Plant (Production)
Charter Steel (Saukville, WI)
Charter Steel is committed to finding team members who value teamwork, growth and open communication. Join a team where you are challenged to take initiative, encouraged to explore new ways to get your work done, and ultimately given the opportunity to create your own future. We offer competitive benefits including 401(k) match, profit sharing and gainsharing, competitive salaries, paid holidays, and tuition reimbursement. Join our friendly, team-oriented environment where your opinion is valued.
Charter Steel is currently looking for Banders in our Processing Plant. Candidates will have the opportunity to learn new jobs within the company, and advance through the pay scale quickly. On-the-job training is provided. This position will be on our 5-2-2-5 schedule, working 12 hour shifts. Most positions will start on a night shift.
Major accountabilities include:
- Follow and comply with all safety policies and work procedures
- Keep accurate coil identification and proper packaging of coils with the use of computers, handheld scanners, material design sheets, and hand written logs
- Use powered hand tools to band and tighten banding around coils of steel to prepare the coils for shipment
- Operate an auto bander machine that will automatically band the coils to prepare them for shipment
- Operate a forklift
- High School Diploma or H.S. GED equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Willing to use a computer as a daily part of job responsibilities