Charter Steel (Cleveland, OH)
The Accounting Intern will be involved in all facets of the Accounting Department. The individual will assist in all Cost analysis and Month-End Closing. The individual will also support General Accounting needs for the site.
To provide administrative and project support to the Accounting Department on a flexible part-time basis during the school year and summer months.
- Enrollment in a four-year degree program for Accounting or related field with current status of at least a sophomore level.
- Demonstrated software application skills specifically in Word, Access and Excel.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Administrative and data entry skills (filing, organization, etc).
- Previous experience in Accounting Support roles.
- Familiarity and/or experience with general Business practices.
- Reports to Site Controller, but also receives direction from the Cost Analyst depending on the project.
- Complete special projects related to Cost Analysis
- Review Fixed Assets and Depreciation related to Plan
- Support to Site Controller and Cost Analyst related to Month-end Close
- Support Accounting Department relative to closing manufacturing jobs
- Review Audit Reports for Cost and Price Changes
- Juggling multiple responsibilities and projects.
- Receiving training and projects from Site Accounting team.
- Working independently with little direction