Who We Are
Charter Manufacturing Company, Inc. is a family-owned steel and iron production and manufacturing company that was founded in the 1930s. Our will to grow is our success. It is the result of Charter’s respected team of employees, each person’s dedication to continuous improvement and an entrepreneurial spirit that thrives within the Charter family.
The foundation of Charter’s family is a basic set of core values. These values have shaped the company over four generations and are fundamental to who we are as a company and as individuals.
Trust. We earn trust by having integrity, being accountable, communicating openly and developing our relationships and capabilities.
Teamwork. We work best when we are collaborating with each other.
Safety. We want everyone to finish their work in the same condition they started.
Continuous Improvement. We strive to get better every day.
Charter Manufacturing has four companies that provide quality, niche products and capabilities, including:
- Engineered components and assemblies for the automotive industry
- Continuous cast iron bar stock
- Carbon and alloy steel bar, rod and wire products, and steel coil processing
- Cold rolled shaped wire and cold finished bar, including standard shapes and custom profiles
Certifications / Accreditations
Charter Manufacturing’s commitment to the environment and quality has allowed our companies to achieve:
- ISO 14001 — Environmental management
- ISO 9001/9002 and QS 9000 — Quality system
- A2LA — Metallurgical lab
- TS16949:2009 — Quality system
- OHSAS 18001 — Safety management system at all Charter Steel locations
Our companies also exceed the stringent quality requirements of leading automotive companies, including:
- Ford Motor Company: Q–1 program
- DaimlerChrysler: Gold Pentastar
- General Motors: Supplier of the Year
Supporting our communities is a fundamental part of the Charter Manufacturing family. By paying it forward to the communities that embrace our companies, we create a positive chain reaction of benefits for everyone including our employees and their families and members of our communities, local businesses and our customers.
Charter has a history of giving to:
- Community projects
- Local educators
- United Way
- Junior Achievement
- Environmental and social projects
In addition, we help create opportunities and encourage our employees to volunteer. And together, we improve the quality of life in our communities.