With general supervision, ensure effective and effective operation of the Charter Information Technology Call Center. Facilitate optimal operation end user computing resource so business tasks can be performed with minimal disruption and downtime. Provide level 1 and 2 call center and remote support services which include receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end user help requests. Participate in special projects and projects associated with service desk process improvements.
Major accountabilities include:
- Field incoming user requests from multiple systems and prioritize accurately based on urgency and importance to ensure effective and efficient resolution of issues.
- Record, track, and document all support request information from user identification to final resolution including: status, actions taken, successful and unsuccessful decisions made and final resolution.
- Perform remote support using remote-control tools, diagnostics, knowledgebase information, and troubleshooting skills to solve a variety of operating system and software issues.
- Prioritize, dispatch and escalate problems, when required, to the appropriately experienced technician, desk side support or on-site coverage.
- Monitor solutions and follow up to ensure problems have been resolved.
- Follow all Service Desk processes to ensure quality of service and system data.
- Ensure compliance with IT service level metrics.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends to prevent future problems.
- Participate in the development of IT knowledgebase and self-help documentation.
- Participate in formal IT continuous improvement initiatives and projects as required
- Understand the change management process and how it affects call center operations
- Technical certification in business information technology or equivalent experience
- 1 to 2 years' experience working with information technology in a business environment
- Knowledge of PCs and peripherals
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows OS and Microsoft Office Suite with ability to solve associated problems
- Ability to organize and prioritize requests from internal customers
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced technical environment
- Proven analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong verbal and written customer service communications skills using multiple formats such as phone, e-mail, instant messaging, etc.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language to non-technical users
For an opportunity to become part of our team, please submit your résumé along with a cover letter and salary requirements OR an employment application by any of the following methods.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Microsoft Word documents are preferred)
Charter Manufacturing Company, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
P.O. Box 217
Mequon, Wisconsin 53092-0217