About Charter Manufacturing
For more than 75 years, Charter Manufacturing has adhered to a simple, successful formula: "Do something different and do it right to achieve the highest-quality product." This philosophy has allowed Charter to quietly develop leadership positions in several specialty steel markets.
Charter's team approach empowers employees to quickly address production challenges and to continually find new ways to exceed customer expectations. Our commitment to the community is evidenced by our leadership in developing processes that protect the environment.
Charter Manufacturing's commitment to the environment and quality has allowed its companies to achieve the following certifications/accreditations:
- ISO 14001 (environmental management)
- ISO 9001/9002 and QS 9000 (quality system)
- A2LA (metallurgical lab)
- TS16949:2002 (quality system)
Charter companies also exceed the stringent quality requirements of leading automotive companies, including:
- Ford Motor Company's Q-1 program
- DaimlerChrysler's Gold Pentastar
- General Motors' Supplier of the Year